Saturday, March 5

3 for 1

This is actually my 31st outfit. I wore my 30th outfit to work earlier today but it was dull, and I didn't want to go out like that. My clothes should have known better than to mess with me - taking advantage of my sleepy morning state-of-confusion, just to get a little air time... how bourgeois. They're learn't their lesson though; don't play a playa - I thought that was obvs.


MAK cardigan, SmartSet tee, fcuk skirt, Hue tights, Hue sock, Steve Madden boots


Now this, this is a Sorren-style, challenge-ending outfit. Favourite item? check. Flats dressed up (comfort&style)? check. Tall socks and boots? check. Monochromatic items, with a touch of colour? check. check. (Side note: Elle mentioned the idea of a personal "uniform" this past week, I think it's safe to say, this is mine.)


I enjoyed dressing this skirt casually for a birthday night-out -not my own - not yet. We began our night at our friend's place, and then shimmied downtown to the Seahorse for a rock-show (notice how cool I made that sound? sadly, me neither). The cardigan was a inclusion in the ensemble because it offered the added warmth needed at the beginning of the night and was easily shed once things began to heat up. I went with the white tee because I had already paired the black tee and purple shirt with the skirt; truth be told, I would have preferred something a little less stark however, this was not an option. Although my favourite way to wear this skirt is with the tee or tank tucked in and the defined waist in the open, pulling the shirt over-top allows for a little-less gut sucking. Now you know my three ways to wear this outfit, you also now my three go-to poses.

12 comments:

  1. Super cute outfit! I love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit and yes, would say this is one of your signature looks that you rock.
    Congrats on being freeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this outfit. That skirt...i want it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt as well! Your necklace goes so nicely with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of the color palette and how much of a statement your necklace makes. Congrats on finishing the 30 for 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love ths outfit! those boots are fantastic, and i especially like the striped skirt with the untucked white teeshirt. it's so amazing how easily the outfit goes from casual to business casual with that simple tuck.

    i was showing your blog to my roommate. she's so in awe (as i am) with your awesome work outfits! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that skirt is so amazing! this combination of neutrals is a great way to (over) complete your thirty! congrats!


    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that skirt! congrats on the completion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the way you're thinking about wearing this skirt! :)

    Just Better Together
    come check out the Vintage Scarf giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love ths outfit! those boots are fantastic, and i especially like the striped skirt with the untucked white teeshirt. it's so amazing how easily the outfit goes from casual to business casual with that simple tuck.

    i was showing your blog to my roommate. she's so in awe (as i am) with your awesome work outfits! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore this outfit. That skirt...i want it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)