Tuesday, February 22

THE SWEAT EFFECT

As wonderful as three-straight days of sweats, sweatshirts, sweaters and sweatshirt dresses may be, it’s nice to return to reality and as a fully-functioning member of society. Okay, okay I may be exaggerating a little, as much as I would like to claim that I did not wear anything besides comfiness, I did repeat a few Winter Challenge outfits on the odd occaision I did venture outside there past few days.I didn’t want to shatter my rep as the  cool, sweatpant-wearin girl, but sooner or later someone will out me and that would have been embarassing.
Ben Sherman cardigan, Red Berry shirt, BCBG skirt, Club Monaco belt, Hue tights, Franco Sarto pumps, nails: Ski Teal We Drop OPI
Last night, I managed to dream up my remaining Challenge outfits – in no particular order. To be honest, I think I actually could make it to 40 although the remaining 10 would likely be slight variations on the initial 30; a change in the skirt, or top, or cardigan keeping the same 3 core items. The funny thing is that this was not one of the outfits I put together. I was trying to decide which “office” oufit to wear today and could not settle so I threw this little ditty together first thing this a.m. I love the simplicity of this outfit, and how even though there is very little to it it pulls off sleek, clean and chic all at once. Or at least I think it does, I could just be overwhelmed that I have a silhouette again and that my hair is washed and not tied back.
I do know one thing is for sure, I cannot wait to repeat this outfit once spring has sprung allowing for my low-key-gaga-esq sleeves to be seen in full glory – not covered up by a cardigan for the majority of my day. 

12 comments:

  1. Mmm, sweatshirt dresses. You're speaking my language right there.

    Your nails are sexy! And I love the understated prints, colors and little punches here. Home run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please send me some of your great outfit ideas? I have 5 days left and I'm struggling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the burgundy tights with the neutrals. Also, I feel like I need a sweatshirt dress ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cardigan has convinced me that I need a black & white cardi in my closet/life. ASAP. It pulls any outfit together flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your pencil skirts. where the heck do you find such amazing-fitted skirts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the detail of your shirt! It will transition nicely into Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This ensemble is really great! Love the coloured tights x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, the necklace makes it!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little touches - necklace, tights & patterned cardi. Another adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally count this as a colourful outfit (even though I suppose I am wearing mostly black and grey) so I'm pretty excited you guys noticed the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this cardigan, and love the necklace too. What a great work outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)