Sunday, February 6

Something New

Last night Jack and I attended my company's annual Christmas-turned-post-Christmas-Charity Auction&Dinner. I was a little bummed this past Christmas not having a company party to get all dolled up for but, as it turns out, an event in February, rather than jammed in amongst family commitments, is much better. Better turnout, better moods, less stress, and something to look forward to in the bleak, bleak winter. The charity aspect of the event also added a great dynamic as it brought everyone together for something greater than some ol' dinner and dance.


Club Monaco bf blazer, numph dress, Hue tights, Nine West heels

I bought this dress in December, and although I loved it in-store (Sweet Pea, of course), it has only made one appearance thus far, ergo it's place in my 30for30 items. What drew me to the dress initially was the colour, oh that greyish, purplish colour. I, if you have not noticed, think grey is just the best; it's the bees knees in my books. Take that and sprinkle in a little purple, my second favourite go-to, and you've stolen my heart. I even included two photos, taken in some better light, for a better idea of the colour.


After the colour, the button detailing on the neck and the neckline are what caught my attention. I'm still on the fence with feeling completely comfortable when accessorizing, especially with jewelry, so when a piece of clothing offers to take that option out of the picture, I am all for it. I threw on the blazer last minute, since I'm prone to drafts. I like how the blazer looks with the dress, although I did not intend for my work-event-appropriate outfit to be so close to office-appropriate-wear. 


I love how the dress is box-y and the belt completely changes that. I love how the dress is modest but the detailing makes it fun and interesting. I don't love how the dress has no built-in slip so it sticks to my tights and looks awkward when I walk, but I bought a slip, so I don't have to worry too much about that one anymore. I can't wait to mix it for office or weekend, I think there may be boots involved.

11 comments:

  1. Perfection. Minimalist in the very best way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a fierce dress and totally goes with the fierce bangs you are rocking. i love the neckline's details as well :)

    and hey, christmas parties in february? yes pleas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this dress hugs your figure perfectly, especially in the waist! You look great :) x

    Bows and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button details on the neckline of the dress and the classic cut of it! It will look as good years from now as it does today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorren you have the BEST pieces! that dress is so fantastic. especially styled like this, i'm having dreams about how i would style it as office wear :) you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to know that so many others are just as in love with simple, classic pieces, like I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is awesome, and I love simple classic pieces, too! I love that you don't need to accessorize with this dress because it's lovely by itself! AND THE BUTTONS! LOVE.

    But I do hate dresses that don't come with slips. It's the worst when they stick to your tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is beautifully simple and sophisticated. The button detailing is awesome. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is beautifully simple and sophisticated. The button detailing is awesome. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to know that so many others are just as in love with simple, classic pieces, like I am.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection. Minimalist in the very best way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)