Thursday, February 10

The sneakiest

Things get a little more interesting when it's cold outside. This likely happens because it forces Jack ad I inside for my photos, creating an intense fear of being caught which keeps me on my toes, ready to run at a moments notice. Usually our apartment building is pretty quiet this time of day, but today it was not.  Today, every time Jack and I got the lighting right and began to take photos someone would jingle down the hall and head our way causing me to put my finger to my lips then run off to a new corner. Now pleaser enjoy viewing the elevator, basement and halls of my building, complimented by a photo of me thinking we're about to get caught and then realizing we weren't.

Red Berry shirt, RW&Co undershirt, Club Monaco slacks, Franco Sarto flats

I included these slacks in my challenge because I wanted to get them back into my rotation of office wear. They have been sitting on the sidelines for the past three years, ever since I picked up a pair of better fitting ones after grad. They're a little bit big, especially in the back resulting in a bit of a diaper-ish bulge - if you know what I mean. Obviously this scared me off from wearing them unless I'm having a lazy day. Because of this I vowed to myself that I would remix them once a week as a way to make sure I tried hard to find combinations that will make them feel brand new again.

This pairing was a little hit, a little miss. The hit? The long shirt worked well with the pants, and the necklace with both. The miss? The undershirt it left something to be desired, and I should have worn some pumps to kick it up a notch and counteract the bunchy bottom. I threw in the undershirt as an alternative to a belt. After the challenge I think I will search out a colourful belt.

15 comments:

  1. I don't know. I love the slice of aqua lace peeking out. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute - I love the gray top. The ruffles on the sleeves are just the right amount of ruffles.

    I tend to "hide" from my neighbors too. It's funny because I am putting my looks on my blog, I just don't want anybody to see me taking the pics :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your outfit. I am too afraid to take outdoor blog photos.

    Enter my giveaway for a chance to win a $55.00 gift code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're hilarious! I'm pretty terrified to leave the confines of my home to take photos - I've ventured into my front yard once, in fear!

    Anyway, loving the wide leg + ruffles! :)

    P.S. I tagged you as one of my favorite stylish and versatile bloggers, so head over to my latest post to see what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know all about trying to get in outfit shots before getting caught by a neighbor or passerby...lol. It can lead to some awkward conversations, but it's one of the hazards of style blogging.

    Love the detailing on the shoulders of your shirt and the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this outfit is a complete hit. You pay great attention to detail...of course, when you're not worried you're getting caught, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is a total hit! Have I ever told you how much I love that shirt? Well, a lot. And I really like it with the trousers and the undershirt! and the necklace is pretty awesome too.

    This morning as I was taking my pictures, these people kept walking by on the path behind the camera, and I was getting really paranoid because I was standing there with a camera pointed at myself obviously taking self-pictures... but then I thought about it and it's not like I'm ever going to see those people ever again, and they'll probably think I'm a weirdo and then forget about it. I really shouldn't let it bother me! But I guess it's a different story if they're your apartment neighbors :)

    I do like your hallway pictures though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand your situation about taking photos! Just today, people who unexpectedly decided to hang out at the apartment foyer forced me to take my photos outside. I love your top, by the way.

    Books and Looks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog through FBFF, and I love your outfits. This top is great! I'm now following.

    Stop by and say hell some time...

    splendiferousinclinations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful top. The color and the ruffles little sleeves are both great!
    (I'm the say way about people catching us...we run off tiptoe-ing hoping no one see us!)
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I already LOVE it! Your photos are adorable and your style is great!! I'll DEF be back! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that top. Grey suits you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and I already LOVE it! Your photos are adorable and your style is great!! I'll DEF be back! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this outfit is a complete hit. You pay great attention to detail...of course, when you're not worried you're getting caught, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is cute - I love the gray top. The ruffles on the sleeves are just the right amount of ruffles.

    I tend to "hide" from my neighbors too. It's funny because I am putting my looks on my blog, I just don't want anybody to see me taking the pics :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)