Wednesday, February 23

OLD HABITS

Have you ever accidentally lingered in the mirror too long, gone into a trance, and when you came-to you've pierced, poked, prodded and pushed every pore that spoke out of turn? Your vision adjusts and your face comes into focus swollen, irritated and thoroughly more embarrassing than when you began? Yeah, me too. How have I yet to learn this lesson?! I mean, seriously, it's not like I wasn't a teenage girl in high school; this used to be a regular ol' Tuesday night for me. A reoccurring Tuesday night that resulted in even more blemish-y and awkward Wednesday mornings. You'd think that I'd remember that my face does much better when left alone, allowed to work itself out. I did hold back, for a long time, but like everyone I fall back into patterns of behaviour, and currently, my obsession is the "home facial". Luckily, I am a little older, and a little wiser this time around, and have an arsenal in my makeup bag ready to combat my morning-after-facial-hangover. Here's to hoping this will be the last time for a long time.

numph dress, RW&Co shirt, Hue tights x2, Steve Madden boots
So apparently there must have been something incredibly interesting glued to the floor because I sure did love looking downwards today. 


I love this dress, but it does not love me. It does not love me when it attaches itself to my tights. It does not love me when it wrinkles 3 minutes after I've put it on. It does not love me, as it hugs each layer I've placed underneath it, in an attempt to place distance between it and my tights. And yet, I try each day to make it work; to teach the dress how we could co-exist happily and in harmony. Today, inspired by Monkeyface, we both agreed that purple-everything was the way to go.  I see a tough, yet rewarding road ahead.

14 comments:

  1. I love, love that dress. How can we teach it to love you back? Or, maybe if you mailed it to me, it would be happier? Nah... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought acne was supposed to go away after high schoool. Having zits at 28 just isn't right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful dress!! and i hate when my layers stick to each other too!

    cute and little
    enter my The Vintage Scarf giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous! I hate static-y dresses :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. You are killing me looking this good in this. I have a grey dress that I wanted to wear with my black shirt underneath. I tried it on and it looked like a 4th graders jumper from the prairie. What is your secret to making it look stylish? I've got 10 days to go and might have to wear it, prairie and all pretty soon!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, you would not believe how many shirts I tried before this one -So definitely keep trying. I think this one works because of the slight pouff in the sleeves, my plain black tee gave me the same issue of looking like I was in grade school. I can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, you look really cute! I adore layering

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look...great dress! Do you have a little slip you can wear to help with the tights issue? I don't like them but I've had to wear one a lot this winter as my skirts do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah purple everything! Man I miss one day from your blog and I feel like I haven't hung out with you in forever Sorren. I know that's weird, I'm dealing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that dresssss. i want to be fashion twins with someone. if i wear purple tomorrow, will you and monkey still think i'm cool and let me sit at your table at lunch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're always welcome at our table, elle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the dress again!! I love it. even if it wrinkles and sticks to your tights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and i'm ALWAYS picking at my skin and totally regret it the next morning. That's the worst!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress! Try a short slip to get it from sticking to your tights. I got one for like $5 from Wal-Mart and wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)