Wednesday, February 2

NICE TRY, SQUIRREL

It's only day 2 and I have already begun to get nervous and hoard all my favourite outfits for later in the challenge. I'm regretting my neutrals and yearning for the colours and patterns I left behind; repeats be damned, I want my flower shirt! This morning I took a stand against my squirrely-self  - cheeks stuffed with the month's best outfits -  and made her cough it up. I am so glad I did. The tweediness of this dress makes it a great option for a snow day. Not the kind of snow day where you get to stay home and watch movies, but the kind where you trek out to your car and brave the wintery roads so you can make it to work because grown-ups don't get snow days.

MAK cardigan, Katrina Tuttle dress, Hue tights, Club Monaco belt, Nine West booties, William Tell Me About OPI nail polish

I'm sure I've mentioned in the past that I heart everything Katrina Tuttle designs and never regret a purchase but I thought I should say it again for good measure. I picked this gem up at Sweet Pea before Christmas and it has found a comfy spot in my office-wear rotation. Naturally I grabbed it for the challenge as a great piece to rely on and to attempt dressing it down for the weekend, something I have yet to do but imagine will include boots. This was the first time I paired it with this particular cardigan, belt and boots and may I say, I think I've found a winner. 

18 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! That dress is awesome. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my last name is tuttle so maybe i'll get a discount? ;) i love your hair, by the way. bangs are fab. not on me, but pretty much on everyone else. dang.
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the metaphor. I loved it. =) And I'll have to track down this Katrina Tuttle you speak of, because WOWZA, what a dress! I bet it's crazy versatile. Very nice ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo to grown-ups not getting snow days! it took me half an hour to clean off my car, dig it out of the snow bank, and move it to the other side of the street! i say snow days should include not having to switch your parking. as a canadian, i'm sure i can get you on board with this :)

    i wish i had a sweet pea where i live because that dress is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. I love your shoes.

    savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the trick to the 30 seems to be to include some wild prints, even though those seem the hardest to remix.
    That dress is wonderful though and will be great in lots of looks!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need some Katrina Tuttle in my closet ASAP. I am in love with this dress.

    And this is why I can't do the 30x30. I am totally the type to stress about it & hoard outfits for 'later' (even if I don't know when 'later' is). Glad to see you told the squirrel to go away, Sorren! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh, that stinks you didnt get a snow day! im still surprised we did! hope it went by quickly and youre staying warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a winner! Love your dress and love how you styled it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I know what you mean about hoarding outfits for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so great! I love that dress, and those shoes are amazing. I just started following you, you are going to be one of the great remixers, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you accessorized your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great in these photos and I love this outfit. Must give it a try for the office.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great in these photos and I love this outfit. Must give it a try for the office.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a winner! Love your dress and love how you styled it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite the metaphor. I loved it. =) And I'll have to track down this Katrina Tuttle you speak of, because WOWZA, what a dress! I bet it's crazy versatile. Very nice ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my last name is tuttle so maybe i'll get a discount? ;) i love your hair, by the way. bangs are fab. not on me, but pretty much on everyone else. dang.
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)