Monday, February 28

A-list

If you're like me you stayed up farrr too late last night caught up in the oscars and then dragged yourself through the work day, wising it was still Sunday... errr, make that Saturday - wait, Friday night? Yes. Friday night. No worries, we're close guys... only 4 more days, although we're so close to Tuesday we might as well count it at 3. Perfect.

MAK cardigan, H&M breton, BCBG skirt, Hue tights, Jones of New York shoes, American Apparel belt


For today's outfit I grabbed inspiration from Linda and Liz's, Everybody, Everywear: Breton Stripe Challenge. Before participating in this challenge I had thought that the only way I could wear my stripes would be in a casual setting. However, so many girls did SUCH great jobs dressing their's for the office that I could not wait to give it another try. For this look, I took inspiration from Linley, her pairing of the Breton with the cardigan, and Pretty LIfe Anonymous, her tucking-in of the breton strips into a work-worthy skirt. I'm a big fan of how this turned out, my only wish is that is was warmer and I didn't have to wear tights because it's a little darker on the bottom which throws off the balance of the outfit. While I'm at it, I'm going to wish that my legs were tanned, I could eat 7-layer dip for lunch everyday, and I was independently wealthy... yes, all these things are great wishes, now I just need to find a lamp.

10 comments:

  1. I also spent almost all of the work day today remembering that it was worth it to see the end of the oscars. I adore awards shows, but can we push them back an hour maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look on you. Pencil skirts are perfect on you and love how you styled the Breton stripe top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I Love this look! Just found your blog and can't wait to look around... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those stripes! you manage to make every look work-appropriate. you're like my work-approp muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow u look stunning. i love this professional look on u. the heels are amazing.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you were able to find inspiration from EBEW!! That's the whole goal! You really do look fantastic!
    And, things like Oscar shows are reasons why the West Coast is great. It started at 5 and I was home and in bed at my normal time!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo I love this mix of black, brown, and navy! You totally made the stripes office appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Sunday nights Erin Jaimes hosts a blues jam where anyone from Alan Haynes to
    Gary Clark, Jr. * Team answer sheets - Basically a grid
    lined A4 type sheet with answer write in numbered boxes and a
    line on top for the team name. Her father, Bruce Paltrow, produced
    the critically acclaimed TV series that is considered the precursor to many medical shows
    today, St.

    my web-site: good Pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete
  10. DJ spins out on Saturday nights. Local country clubs are offering trivia fun for as little as forty dollars per couple.
    The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but, it also gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came in the form of the next blues-only venue, Antone's, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.

    my site; good pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)