Saturday, February 19

Let's Get Real

Let's talk creativity. The kind of creativity needed when you've got a short shirt, low-rise jeans and a vision for clean-cut-tucked-in-look. Inspiration? Clearly, the bodysuit is the cleanest tucked-in line imaginable. Unfortunately, this shirt did not come attached to underpants, so what's a girl to do?

A girl definitely should not tuck her shirt ever-so-slightly into the top of her underpants, no sir. Not even if she felt she had made a super clever discovery that solved all her problems and achieved her vision. And this girl should definitely not have gotten over-zealous and pulled her underpants slightly above the low-rise jean waist-line. If this had happened, which it didn't, she wouldn't have been made aware of her blunder when someone asked her if she was wearing long-johns under her jeans, to which she would reply: obviously, then excuse her slick-self to the washroom, where she would reposition her shirt and pretend that never happened... which it didn't.

FCUK blouse, Club Monaco blazer, Rock n' Republic jeans, H&M belt, Jones of New York heels
I have been excited for this outfit for a while. I have put it off for so long waiting for the perfect day- a spring-like day, since it's still winter though, it seems as though that is a bit of a pipe dream so I went ahead and wore it yesterday instead. I love a white shirt- blue jean combo making this an automatic classic in my books. Accessorizing with the brown was a no brainer, however I wish that my belt buckle hadn't been so brass and country, and that I  had a splash of colour somewhere. Next time I would opt for my skinny American Apparel brown belt and hope that I had tracked down a fun, colourful bracelet.

I couldn't decide between the blazer and the cardigan. Honestly I would have opted for the purple cardigan had I not worn it the day before and had it not been in desperate need of a wash. Looking back, the blazer makes me feel like Tim McGraw in Country Strong but I eventually chose blazer anyway- which do you prefer?

17 comments:

  1. The first part of this post made me smile :) You did a good job though, the outfit is gorgeous! Love the blouse :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That story cracks me up. I also love the bow blouse-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sorren, you are hilarious (and I won't pretend like I haven't used my underwear for tuck-in backup before either).

    Love that blouse though! So pretty. Like it with the cardi for weekends and the blazer for work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS MY FAVORITE OUTFIT. With blazer, yes. Sorren I'm seriously quashing dark thoughts right now about stealing that blouse from you. It's so effing SWELL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those jeans! and that blouse. And I TOTALLY hate shirts that are just a bit too short to tuck... since they always start coming out after I bend over or reach up for something, then I spend the rest of the day stuffing my shirt back into my pants. NOT attractive.

    You look great, Sorren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this made me laugh. And I love love love this outfit. You just rock this whole bootcut jeans/pointy toe heels business so hard. Its just clean and classic and gorgeous. You married a rock star, didn't you? I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving it with the cardigan.

    And those jeans totally take me back - my old roommate had a pair just like them in college and I wore them on my first date with my boyfriend of 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You. Are. So. Funny. And I love this outfit, especially the bow blouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorren, I think this is my favorite outfit of yours of all time. this blouse is PERFECT and I love the way you've paired it with both a cardigan and a blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably prefer it with the blazer, but it works with cardi too because the real star is that perfect white blouse and those jeans, which you totally rock. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blouse is so pretty. When it goes missing you know where to look. I like the blazer and cardigan. They both look great.

    -Elizabeth
    Girls Who Wear Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is awesome! When I put it on I felt it fell a little short from what I thought the outfit would be, but it appears I am wrong! Thanks for setting me straight, I will definitely repeat it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this blouse with the blazer!! The story is pretty great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha that is great! I will definitely confess to trying to do that sometimes, but my slip usually comes out WAY over the top of my skirt and I realize it before I walk out of the house.

    Regardless, I totally LOVE this outfit! I really want to dig my tie-neck blouse out of my giveaway pile (if I haven't already given it away).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorren, I think this is my favorite outfit of yours of all time. this blouse is PERFECT and I love the way you've paired it with both a cardigan and a blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those jeans! and that blouse. And I TOTALLY hate shirts that are just a bit too short to tuck... since they always start coming out after I bend over or reach up for something, then I spend the rest of the day stuffing my shirt back into my pants. NOT attractive.

    You look great, Sorren!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha! LOVE this outfit! I'm a little obsessed with bow blouses!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)