Thursday, February 17

I'm Back!

Give it up for Kimmie! Swapping blogs with her yesterday was a great way to celebrate the mid-point in this challenge. If you haven't seen my 16th outfit yet, head over to her blog to check it out.

MAK cardigan, SmartSet white tee, Esprit skirt, Hue tights, Franco Sarto pumps

Although I am in love with this skirt I am also eternally baffled by it. I love the lace slip that peaks out of the bottom, the tweed-type pattern, the colour and stitching. I dislike how thin the waist band is and how it always seems wrinkled! No matter how long I iron it, leave it the washroom to steam or just plain ol' beg it - it never fully loses the creases; drives me insane. And by insane I mean I snub it, place it behind the better skirts, then lock eyes with it - it knows what it did wrong.

On the plus side, I love how these items came together today. I began with my black button-up as my shirt of choice, however when I woke up, the sun was out and the air a balmy +1; I quickly dropped that idea and went for my white tee. The addition of the green beads and purple made me feel like spring was right around the corner... not months and months and months and years, away - like it is. I am not exaggerating. If you lived here for the last week, with the cold port wind seeping into your bones, you'd feel the same. True Story.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh your tights are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLUS ONE?! Are you kidding me. You just jumped like nine thousand cool points in my book for taking outside photos. And the green beads + purple cardigan!! I love! Definitely going to kind of copy this except with my green cowl and my purple something or other...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and sunny. Love it. I'm wearing purple and green today, but posting it tomorrow (fell behind on my posting, oops). I think I like your take better though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of your green necklace. It's so fun. You're doing great with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almost the same skirt and the same problem. It may be because of the fabric.
    Love green&purple colors!

    I'm your new follower. http://anikmilk.blogspot.com/ I'll be glad if you follow me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this. Especially the color of that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your necklace and the trumpet shape of your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAYYYY your rss feed settings are SO MUCH BETTER. THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!! :)

    I love the green beads, and this entire outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayy!!! I'm really excited, thanks for bringing it to my attention, Kimmie. I will definitely have to spend some time figuring out other ways to make my blog better

    ReplyDelete
  10. oy. plus one? you poor dear. i'll send you some warm-esque thoughts.

    i love those tights and that skirt. good for you, making yourself wear some of your problem pieces. i never get around to wearing mine and then just end up giving them away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tights are so fun. I love the pattern on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)