Tuesday, February 15

Half-time Show

I've had the most amazing two days. Not only was it Valentine's Day yesterday, but I have been playing student and attending InDesign training at Dalhousie. I love off-site training for so many reasons. I loved being a student; learning all day, discovering that I could push myself farther than I knew, working on big projects, being graded - all of it. Training allows be to be a student again. Of course, the other side of it is that it's nice to get out of the office for the bit, enjoy a change of scenery and take advantage of the casual fashion that accompanies it.

Club Monaco blazer, RW&Co shirt, FCUK skirt, Hue tights Steve Madden boots
Yesterday, I took full advantage of my freedom and wore a far-too-short-for-the-office skirt. It was wonderful. This is one of my favourite skirts and I rarely get to wear it because of it's heamline. I tried to create a more casual look by having the shirt untucked during the day, and only using my blazer when it got chilly. For our Valentine's date last night, I tucked in the shirt and kept my blazer on, creating a dressier version using all the same items. To dress it up further, I could have adorned my beautiful booties but I was lazy, so I didn't.

MEXX cardigan, H&M shirt, Rich&Skinny jeans, Steve Madden boots
Today, I went for a more casual feel. I love how the cardigan gives the breton stripes a warmer, wintery feel since they inherently have a warmer season feel. It was the perfect outfit for today since we had a snowy morning and my cardigan added needed comfiness.

Holy moly today is a busy post! Since it's the half-way point for me in the remix challenge I thought I should throw together a recap of my first 15 - see what worked best and what has yet to be used. My favourites to date are: 4, 5, 7 & 12... i think, I'm a little rushed. I may chance my mind later!


     .

16 comments:

  1. I love #13! That white jacket is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stripes stripes stripes! i totally understand the love of being a student...i miss the classroom so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I haven't seen that skirt on you and I LOVE IT. Ok this post has totally made me realize I have not worn one of my striped items in my 30 yet, and you've inspired me to get with it already!

    Also, I'm loving #12 & #13 right now. I curl my hair but it does not look half as good straight OR curly as yours does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt on you.
    You are doing so well on the remix.
    My faves are 3, 4, 7 and 10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great style, I just started following :)
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making it to the halfway point!! This is exciting! :)

    I love that first striped skirt you posted. Oh, the perks of being a student. I'm always so conscious about what is acceptable and what isn't in an office job-- not to say I don't have ANY clue, but the rules have changed from office to office that I've been in so I can never keep track.

    I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both these looks--that striped skirt is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are killing this challenge! I love your styling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like that top on day 8. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are you?!?!!? I just found your blog from the blog swap with Kimmie. Love it! Officially following.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are you?!?!!? I just found your blog from the blog swap with Kimmie. Love it! Officially following.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have great style, I just started following :)
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great skirt on you.
    You are doing so well on the remix.
    My faves are 3, 4, 7 and 10!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo I haven't seen that skirt on you and I LOVE IT. Ok this post has totally made me realize I have not worn one of my striped items in my 30 yet, and you've inspired me to get with it already!

    Also, I'm loving #12 & #13 right now. I curl my hair but it does not look half as good straight OR curly as yours does!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In that case, this kind of question should not be taken from any
    show telecasted in specific country. * Team answer sheets
    - Basically a grid lined A4 type sheet with answer write in numbered
    boxes and a line on top for the team name. The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but, it also gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came in the form of the next
    blues-only venue, Antone's, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.

    Here is my web blog - pub Quiz austin

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only hurdle to accessing this is of course human limitations and the
    fact that the brain does not function solely as a learning tool for the human being.
    I believe my exact words were "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. The buccal cavity is a small cavity that has neither jaws nor teeth.

    My webpage: funny pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)