Friday, February 11

Friend Friday: Colours!

This is my second time participating in Friend Friday, created by the lovely Katy from ModlyChic. Even though I am currently caught in 30 fairly neutral colours, I am very excited about these colour-related questions. 


1. What color dominates your closet?  It's a toss up between black and grey. Although I'm getting a little better and introducing white and purple. haha, that's not better at all, is it?

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?  I would be a lot more daring when choosing pieces. Since I do not have a lot of available cash to spend on clothing, I need to choose pieces I know will be wearable during multiple seasons, or at least won't go out of style so I can wear them the next year. I also have a habit of quickly becoming bored with patterns and colours, or becoming suddenly afraid of them, so I need to know that we will have a long and faithful relationship and they won't end up hanging, untouched, in my closet. So, to wrap that up, I would have a variety of colours, in a variety of pieces, for all the seasons - my closet would be mistaken for rainbow bright, in much more modern shades of the rainbow.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?  I think mixing colours is great. I am always amazed by the ways others can match multiple colours and have it look amazing, and even classic. I however, have yet to master this. So, while I am a big fan, I can usually combine 2 colourful pieces before I hit my limit, get nervous, and stop.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?  I work colour into my outfits in subtle ways. I tend to enjoy throwing in a splash of colour; a colourful cardigan or patterned and colourful shirt paired with a black blazer, and dark jeans. I also have a few, bold and colourful pieces that I love, but I rarely pair them with other colours, instead I go for greys and blacks to tone them down. I also like to use my nail polish as an additional punch of colour, it makes me feel fearless.


5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? I never knew how well people could mix and match, and combine colours successfully until I joined the blogosphere. Some of my favourite colour-masters are Hello, Monkeyface, Love, Ramsey and Snappy Casual.  


OH! and please enjoy outfit 11; Black and navy? I must be a bruise! I threw the grey in there to help break it up but am now suddenly realizing that grey is a part of the bruise family... luckily I wasn't wearing purple and mustard too. Actually, I think I like the sound of a bruise-inspired outfit!


James Perse buttonup, Smart Set undershirt, Rich&Skinny skinnies, Steve Madden boots

5 comments:

  1. Ok I was NOT expecting an all black + jeans ensemble after those questions, hahaha. But it's FAB. As is your little color sidebar there :) And I'm a color inspiration, YAY!! Thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I know. I was looking at my thirty and I have a little colour but it's spoken for over the next few days. I'm going to plead artistic juxtaposition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hi there, Sorren. I was just making some VDay cards, which made me think of scrapbooking, which, inevitably, made me think of you. SO I thought it time to bring myself out of creeper status to say "yo, nice blog!" and "jumpin' jehosefa (not at all the actual word, but that's how it looks in my head) you look darn swell!"
    okie, c'est tous!
    ciao,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi from friend friday!! i love your nails, and your necklace!! and i love your blog layout, it's really classy.

    www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you posted color answers wearing black. Your use of neutrals should count as great color use - you always look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)