Friday, February 4

FRIDAY IS THE BEST DAY!

Have you ever been writing and included a phrase or word only to realize that the word in print seems far different from the spoken word? I have. Just now. No lie. I was typing this phrase… I'm not sure why I felt the need to include it in my post though. Sure, I was describing all the recent snow, and snow to come. …Maybe I wanted to mix it up a little; not use the word "ton" so much. It's silly no reason I think of can seem to justify my attempt to use it now. In any case, I realized I just could not include it. It sounded far too literal all typed out. Made me really think about what that phrase means… It's strange, I had never questioned how the phrase sounded before. Now I can't even remember a time I used it. I feel like I must have… "Hey, everybody come see the buttload of kittens over here", because kittens obviously travel in giant mobs. Yes, the phrase was buttload and no, you will not see it written on this blog every again.

I love how the 30for30 Challenge haas already gotten me to create brand new outfits with pieces I've had hanging in my closet for ages. The only pre-mixed and worn outfit of my four remises was my first one. Amazing.


MAK cardigan, basic black tee, Rock n' Republic jeans, America Apparel belt, Jones of New York shoes


I am really happy I included these jeans in my 30 items. I have become so dependent on my skinnies and their inherent chicness, that I have forgot how to wear all my beautiful nons. Every time I attempt these Rock n' Republics they always end up dressed down and paired with some sneaks. I'm still not sure this is how else you're supposed to wear them. Don't get me wrong I'm loving these shoes with them, but something just doesn't feel right. 

Speaking of these shoes, I have recently re-discovered them and am so excited that I did because it is bringing brown into my life. I have always shied away from brown, but no more! I have decided to concur the other neutrals, slowly but surely. My new American Apparel belt has really been helping me feel better about working my brown shoes into my wardrobe; it's as though together they can do anything but apart they are lonely and lame. Another wonderful thing I've noticed is that brown and purple totally have a crush on each other, which is great for me because I clearly think they belong together and am a huge supporter of their union.

11 comments:

  1. Love the jeans. They were the very first thing I noticed :)

    I'm totally wearing things I've already worn together many, many times before. I'm going to run out of those "got to" combos before too long, though, then I'll actually have to... gasp!... remix :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these jeans! They fit you so beautifully. And this post reminds me that I need a good pair or pointy toe pumps. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! And your smile is so cute!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jeans! They look like they could easily be dressed up or down. I've been relying heavily on my skinny jeans too but plan to break out a pair of flares during the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, I never noticed brown + purple have a crush on each other, but now that you mention it, I may just have to get them together more often !! And I LOVE the nonskinnies with these shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those jeans look so great on you! love them. and those brown shoes are complete perfection. love love loveeee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonsense! Those jeans + those shoes look perfect together. This outfit has a whole laid back ladylike vibe I think really suits you nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you post your photos on your blog, very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look - very feminine and structured. I have been hooked on wrapping up belts around my sweaters for this challenge. I'll be sure to stop back again to see more of your 30 for 30 remixes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi- I found your blog through the 30 for 30 remix list.

    I just want to tell you that I LOVE your bangs! Super cute. I have bangs too, and I love to see how others style them. :)

    -Trisha
    http://madebytrisha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great jeans! They look like they could easily be dressed up or down. I've been relying heavily on my skinny jeans too but plan to break out a pair of flares during the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)