Tuesday, February 8

Everybody, Everwear: The Classic Blazer

After the last Everybody, Everywear I decided that I would balance my office-wear and my casual-wear to create an outfit that was bold and fun - who wouldn't want that. Well, turns out this EBEW is smack dab in the middle of my remix challenge, limiting my pieces to work with from office-wear to office-wear-included-in-my-30for30. So, I sacrificed a little on the office-wear side to allow more room for the casual-wear side. This is one of bonuses of working in an office that a. Is in Nova Scotia, we're all pretty relaxed compared to the rest of y'all b. Is located in a business park, downtown offices are definitely more conservative - running into clients and all and c. has a production facility and engineers in addition to the office staff, hint: they both wear jeans day-to-day.


Club Monaco blazer, Katrina Tuttle dress, American Apparel leggings, Steve Madden boots


This was my first-ever, Katrina Tuttle purchase as well as one of my first patterned pieces, so it holds a special place in my heart. When I dress this casual, I tend to include a belt. However, when dressing for the office a belt takes much needed inches away from the hemline, ergo no belt. To make it office appropriate the blazer is a definite must, and the flat boots add to the modesty. I love my blazer. I could not imagine a piece I love more than this blazer. If you have been following long, you know how often I can wear this blazer if I'm not careful. Needless to say, I was over-the-moon when the lovely Linda and Liz announced that the next item would be a blazer. I can't wait to see how everyone else has styled their blazers, or what the next EBEW item will be!


Image 245

18 comments:

  1. The print on the dress is lovely! Love how you wore the blazer as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry that it collided with your 30 for 30. The next one will be the second week of March. (From now on it will always be the 2nd Tuesday of the month.) So use that as incentive to finish your 30 by then ;)

    That said, this is a perfectly wonderful outfit, restricted or not by limited choices. That bold green dress is fantastic!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Kimmie's. Your style is very chic. Following you now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous girl and dress. I love how you styled your blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern on the dress! I've definitely shied away from patterns before but I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind with new pieces that I've been adding to my wardrobe.

    I have yet to still find the perfect blazer! I won't lie-- I'm totally dying of blazer envy right now. HOW CUTE ARE THOSE CUFFED SLEEVES?! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I checked out your 30 for 30 outfits, and I love them all! They're so cute and classy. This is a really cute blazer, and I love the boots!

    Looking forward to seeing the rest of your outfits!

    Bri
    http://fourtyninedresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. SORREN I AM GOING TO STEAL ALL YOUR DRESSES. THE END.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I was about to write something but Elle ^^^ stole my line. Clearly, I really like that dress. And of course the blazer too! Thanks for participating in EBEW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dress. Love it with a blazer. Great outfit.

    Come and see how i wore my blazer
    http://a-pretty-nest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the slightly puffed sleeve on your blazer! I did a blazer today too :)
    Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black blazer over the pretty printed green (<3 green!) dress is such a great combination. Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The PRINT is fantastic. And yeah what is up with belts hiking up dresses? So needless. Luckily your blazer adds all the structure you need here. Totally cute and appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress styled with your blazer. Great boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the print on the dress...you look great:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Silver Lining Décor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The print on this dress is so pretty. And the blazer makes it look sophisticated.

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Fabulous dress girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for the blazer! i keep forgetting to participate in the everybody everywear challenges so i'm glad you got to join!

    and yay for mixing casual and business. the print of your dress is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great outfit! I love the fun bold print toned down with the classic structured blazer, makes for a fun work outfit!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)