Wednesday, February 16

Blog Swap: Blue Paper Lanterns



Hi Classic Noise readers! I'm obviously not Sorren, I'm Kimmie from Blue Paper Lanterns. Because we're both doing Kendi's 30 for 30 Remix challenge, we decided to swap posts today. Exciting, eh? (that's me pretending to be Canadian).



Blazer: Target
Shirt: Thrifted
Cargo Pants: Old Navy
Flats: Target

Last month, Sorren had a post about the color Honeysuckle, and I fell in love at first sight. The color is just absolutely gorgeous, and I realized later that it's the Pantone color of the year for 2011! I generally don't really pay attention to what Pantone says (after all, they ARE just colors that we've all seen before), but this Honeysuckle definitely caught my eye. 

Fast forward a week or two, I was at my local thrift store and I was immediately drawn to this honeysuckle shirt. I'm pretty sure it belonged to an old lady who wore too much perfume, because even after washing it a few times, it still kind of smells like a cheap drugstore fragrance. Gross? Probably. But at least I'm all cool and ahead of the trend by wearing the color of the year... right?

We went to Ikea this morning (could you tell by the super bright blue background?) and my 21 month old son was throwing a fit (yes, we were those parents with the screaming kid who wouldn't sit in the shopping cart) so he refused to be set down when mommy wanted to take her outfit pictures. That explains the snotty little kid on my hip.

To see Sorren's outfit for the day, come on over to Blue Paper Lanterns! :)

18 comments:

  1. i love this outfit on you, kimmie, and you are definitely ahead of the trend with the honeysuckle color! it's perfect with the blazer and cargo skinnies.

    hope you guys had fun at ikea!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! thanks for doing the swap with me, Sorren! :D

    I like your outfit, but I felt weird commenting on my own site. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this blog swap! I am also loving the cargo + blazer combo (unexpectedly cute) and the special appearance by P. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great guest post. i just found your blog...love it!
    -your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, honeysuckle looks amazing. Pantone picked a good choice this year. You and P both look cute; can't tell he's being fussy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I should leave a comment here for Kimmie or for Sorren. I so confu-sed. I'll leave a comment for Sorren here about her outfit on Kimmie's blog.

    Love the tie-neck on your blouse and your dress! Are your tights purple? This whole outfit is so pretty!

    Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guest post, I follow both you loyally (obsessively???). Great outfit, you look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to mention that I loved your Canadian-ness in your post - too funny! Also I am jealous of your American-ness and being able to get such an amazing blazer from target.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable, as always :) I love when you include the little guy in your posts! He's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! There are five jillion picture outtakes just like these on my hard drive. My little stylish bug is always tryin to get in the shot, too! I'm loving honeysuckle, too- I have a honeysuckle top in my 30 and I didn't even know it was the pantone color of the year! My graphics designing lover would be disappointed.

    You are adorable wherever you blog, Kimmieface. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad y'all switched today! Love the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable, as always :) I love when you include the little guy in your posts! He's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if I should leave a comment here for Kimmie or for Sorren. I so confu-sed. I'll leave a comment for Sorren here about her outfit on Kimmie's blog.

    Love the tie-neck on your blouse and your dress! Are your tights purple? This whole outfit is so pretty!

    Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, honeysuckle looks amazing. Pantone picked a good choice this year. You and P both look cute; can't tell he's being fussy at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)