Thursday, February 10

Blarg

Seriously though, what is the deal with this week? I definitely thought it was Thursday when I woke up this morning, boy was I disappointed. Not as disappointed though, as the guy who woke up thinking it was Friday - I know you're out there.

Today was beautiful. The sky could not have been blue-er, which is amazing considering how it has just been dumping mounds of snow lately. This blue blue sky lead to Jack and I trying for an outdoor shoot, this is when I re-learnt a very old lesson; blue blue skies in winter = cold coldest days; -9 / 15.8, before the wind chill, kind of cold. Horrible. It was not attractive. I did include one of the bunch, just cause; enjoy.

MAK cardigan, Ben Sherman button-up, BCBG skirt, Club Monaco belt, Silks tights, Franco Sarto pumps

While getting dressed this morning I realized just how many neutrals I included in my remix items. I don't know why I didn't see it while photographing the items, but here we are and I've got to make it work and keep it interesting - enter, patterned tights. I wasn't sure how well the patterns would mesh, but I think they worked... yes?? Yes. I love how the waist of this skirt flatters the shirt, enhancing the crispness of the entire look. Another one down, now let's just hope I wake up tomorrow knowing it's Thursday...

7 comments:

  1. Pretty much, I blogged about the same thing today: Where is my color?? I'm happy to see you put together a perfectly adorable ensemble completely in neutrals - this gives me hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I included quite a bit of black, which is odd because I feel like I never wear black. Those tights are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit. Black and white is my all time favorite combination to wear.

    Enter my giveaway for a chance to win a $55.00 gift code

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy I'm not alone in feeling the pressure from a lack of colour! I just find it makes the outfits feel as though they run into each other and are all so similar. I will definitely have to keep an eye on how you guys work your black and greys for some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is so cute! I love the patterned tights. I think they really pull the whole look together.

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy gee wiz! That looks freeezing. In Florida, gray skies usually equal the cooooldest winter days! You look darling though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove this outfit it's so cute.
    may i ask how can i do this little collage thing??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)