Tuesday, February 1

annnd We're Off!

Today was one of those walk-into-walls, bump-your-head, trip-over-a-small-child, kind of day. It may have something to do with the fact I decided to stay up way past my bedtime last night because "I didn't feel tired". Silly Sorren, it doesn't matter how "awake" you feel at night when you have to wake up for work in the morning.


Today also marked the first day of the long awaited Winter 30 for 30 Challenge, or Winter Stylins, as I've decided to call it... as of right now... and you should too. Turns out today was the perfect day to begin a winter fashion challenge because it has been storming all day long and it is supposed to continue for the next three days. I think I have gotten to the part of the winter where the prettiness of the snow can no longer out-weigh the coldness and slushiness of the winter, but I digress. 

MEXX cardigan, Smart Set tee, Club Monaco slacks, Club Monaco belt, Franco Sarto flats


Originally I had planned a snazzier outfit for challenge kick off but the weather outside made this cozy fall-back way too tempting to resist. I love this outfit because it is so great for those days when you're dreaming of sweatpants and comforters. The cardigan and belt dress up the tee pulling everything together and creating a nice, clean, office look. I couldn't decide which necklace to wear but ended up decided on my big, green, wooden beads; if only I had gotten a close-up shot of them. I've been avoiding them since summer ended because I got it in my head that it was a summer necklace - is that even a thing? I'm really glad I ended up wearing it though because it added the perfect amount of colour in the perfect shade of green. 

10 comments:

  1. Sorren! What a fantastic start to the challenge! I especially love the green beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm really in love with the green beads, too. Totally typed green beans which are not half as exciting. The photos are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog on Kendi's list...

    I love your look and can't wait to see what you put together!

    Lauren
    http://seattlewaterdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that I love those green beads as well!

    Your outfit looks totally comfortable and chic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I'm going to say it as well .. love the necklace :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, love it. We're all off pretty quietly and simply....and I like! Great colors on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry for sounding like a broken record, but the green beads are awesome! i am definitely in the market for a new chunky necklace when this remix is over.

    i am a hugehugehuge fan of the belted cardigan look too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad everyone's as obsessed with these beads as I am! I think I may just go ahead and wear them again today... even if you have just seen them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your thin belt around that area really gives you a nice detail. i love how sleek you look!

    and the beads are so pretty. i never know how to accessorize but this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit! It's perfect for the season! Good luck with the 30x30 I just started... a couple days late :)

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)