Monday, January 24

Who, me?

Today's photo shoot was a bit of an adventure. It has been ridiculously cold for the past few days and certainly too cold to take pictures outside. Although I sucked it up and managed Saturday, try as I might, I just could not face the wind. Instead Jack and I tried a new location. A location that has big, beautiful windows that allow for the natural light that outdoor photos offer. The downside of this location is there is a lot of traffic and I am not a huge fan of people seeing me have my photo taken, let's just say I feel like an idiot. A great big tool. I often try to "act cool" and have Jack hide the camera, while I innocently become engrossed in my phone. What? Who's taking pictures? Someone's taking pictures? How vain! No way, I wasn't taking pictures!? You're silly... 


Needless to say my bashful expressions are a result of this awkwardness, as is my phone's many cameos, aaaand the action shot with me and my purse ...weird, my phone is interesting and possibly ringing. I best just stand here and give it some attention, and hang my coat on the rail...

katrina tuttle dress, American Apparel belt, Steve Madden boots, Hue tights x2

I have been loving this new belt and my feeling of accomplishment for finding it and buying it in the first place. I'm worried that I'm re-creating the same outfit on repeat and just subbing out the dress, although I don't think I would feel this way if I waited a few days in-between before breaking out the boots and belt again - if only I had that kind of self-control. On the other hand, the most exciting part about this brown belt is it helps to re-invent past favourites. It is amazing the difference accessorizing makes. Up until today I had only paired this dress with black footwear and now, because of this belt, I can make brown work too - fantastic. You may have also noticed the curls are back. Photos in public? Curly hair for a second day? I sure am brave.

5 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous!! And I totally did the same when taking photos in public haha! x

    Bows and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love the cut and the pattern of your dress! And how you paired blue with brown, it's such a good combination.

    Taking photos in a public place is always SO awkward. That's why I just stand there and smile and pretend I'm just taking a picture with whatever is behind me. I don't think I could ever pull off the glancing-nonchalantly-at-cell-phone pictures... I'm pretty sure the camera would be able to pick up on my nervousness/awkwardness. haha! But you did a great job. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, taking photos out in public gets easier with time, I promise :) You know I'm your hair's #1 fan but boy does it hold curl so well! Beautiful! And wonderful dress too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Points to you for taking pictures in public! I get self conscious taking photos in my apartment. :p

    And I loooove the curls. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is gorgeous!! And I totally did the same when taking photos in public haha! x

    Bows and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)