Friday, January 7

Take a Bow

What can I say other than, it's Friday! We've all worked really hard on getting here and I would like to congratulate everyone on making it! Today it snowed. It was oh-so-pretty, the way snow is when it first lands and the winter is still young. Look what I did for you guys! I braved the snow and my disdain for the cold and did an outdoor photo shoot; I'd say this is definitely points towards my "be brave" resolution. It actually wasn't soo bad, I may even try it again sometime.


MAK cardigan, JoeFresh shirt, SmartSet camisole, Kensie jeans, Steve Madden booties, Siberian Nights OPI


I have been in love with this purple cardigan! Isn't it the best when you get something for 60% off, and furthermore, you took a chance on it because it was slightly smaller than you would usually go for BUT it paid off because it works with everything? I've actually started to worry that I'm damaging the cardigan (how, I don't know) and it will not have as long of a life as I would want. That's how you know I really care, I start having irrational fears based on impossibilities... it's fun.


The grey jeans were a snap decision on a long lusted item. I've known that I should add grey jeans to my wardrobe for quite sometime so when I saw these listed on Beyond the Rack for $45, I decided to take the plunge. The jeans fit nicely and all, they just don't offer much else. What more could jeans offer you may wonder? Well, for one they could pay off my visa and do a little grocery shopping for me, you know, earn their keep? Or, perhaps, they could have awesome pockets that take my butt to the next level, or a cleverly placed seam that makes my leg look that much more toned. But for $45, who could really complain; I'll wear longer shirts and hold my legs jusssst so.


This shirt was a great buy; something like $20 from Joe Fresh. However, as with all inexpensive clothing, there are some downfalls. What would I change about this shirt?? The length for sure. Collar shirts never seem to be as long as I need them to be, that's why I added a classic staple - the lace camisole. These things are great for creating a longer torso... or are they?? Please tell me if I've been lying to myself, I promise I can take it.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when button up shirts aren't long enough. I've been obsessed with tucking things in, and you can't really do that with short shirts. :(

    All you Canadian bloggers always get such cute clothes at Joe Fresh. I MUST make a trip there next time we go up to Vancouver :)

    And I'm jealous how well your photos always turn out. You're so photogenic, and you make posing look so natural. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with the long torso trick...I'm just glad with the continued tunic trend, being incredibly long waisted myself the short shirts are a pain in the butt and i depend on the longer undershirts to aid my wardrobe on a constant basis...french canadian build, long torso, short legs.
    I too bought gray jeans a couple years ago, i liked them , but maybe it's my newest obsession with brown boots that keeps me from wearing them...maybe its time i give them another shot. anyways, love the outfit, one of my favorites of yours. Also thanks with the coat help...and yes I'm still working on creating rules for myself to use this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kimmie- thank you for the compliment! Though I have to admit I take a ton of photos to get a few that are really great. I still haven't figured out what to do with my face though which is why I've usually got a stoney look, or I'm looking down. If only you knew how my face tries to sabotage my pictures!

    Cole - Phew! I'm glad that the camisole is still a-go! hah I have been relying on that trick for so long I don't know what I would fall-back on if it was frowned upon. AND I love that you and I own so many of the same things! When I saw that we both owned the banana republic shirt (on top of everything else), it was the best. Let me know when you start your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with the long torso trick...I'm just glad with the continued tunic trend, being incredibly long waisted myself the short shirts are a pain in the butt and i depend on the longer undershirts to aid my wardrobe on a constant basis...french canadian build, long torso, short legs.
    I too bought gray jeans a couple years ago, i liked them , but maybe it's my newest obsession with brown boots that keeps me from wearing them...maybe its time i give them another shot. anyways, love the outfit, one of my favorites of yours. Also thanks with the coat help...and yes I'm still working on creating rules for myself to use this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)