Friday, January 14

Seven Things - Childhood edition

The ever elegant Kristen, from Honestly Kristen, tagged me in her Seven Things: Childhood Edition and said such nice things that I just could not turn her down. So here it goes, I stuck to K though 6... for my highly embarrassing teen years you'll just have to keep tuning in. 




1. I was home-schooled for grades 1 and 2. I attempted a formal education during kindergarden but ended up crying during class multiple times a week because I was silly and sensitive. Embarrassing fact:  I wasn't even a victim of bullying, I would just cry because other kids being mean to each other.

2. Right before a field trip in grade 3 I felt queasy so I went up to the front of the class to tell my teacher, annnnd I puked everywhere. in front of everyone. at the front of the class. This was about 2 months after I had been re-introduced into the school system, so who wants to be my friend?

3. I was mostly a great older sister, with two glaring exceptions. 1) I told my brother and sisters that it was a misconception that stop signs were just for cars. That, even when walking around the block, if you came across a stop sign, you have to stop and count to 3 before continuing on. I got found out on a family walk when they all paused on their tricycles and started crying when my parents turned the corner for fear they would be arrested. 2) We rarely had dessert. One time I told everyone that we should race to see who could eat their dessert the fastest. The three of them devoured their desserts, finally looking up to see where I was with mine they found me smiling, and ever so slowly taking bite after bite until I was finished. Seriously, what a jerk!

4. I was always the tallest girl so when playing house, or make believe with other girls I always had to be the husband. It was the worst. 

5. I was boy-crazy. Having tons of crushes and never actually talking to them was basically my hobby. I think I have to tell you a little story so that you understand just how boy-crazy I was:
At age 5 I experienced love for the first time, followed promptly by my first heartbreak. The man, was my dad's friend (aged 28 or so, but what's in a number?), and I was smitten. The heartbreak came later that day after I had spent the afternoon picking a bouquet of dandelions for my true love. As I walked up to deliver them, I realized he was with another woman (likely his 28 year old girlfriend). I held my head high and thrust the bouquet at his chest, his girl friend smiled at me knowingly, secure in her position. This was also the first time I felt foolish in love. So basically age 5 until I fell for Jack I had a list of crushes I would sort through on a daily basis, top spot changing depending on my mood or their charmingness.

6. My little sister, Kiri, used to tell me that there were robbers and murders in our closet or outside our bedroom window just waiting for us to fall asleep and so they could do all kinds of horrible things. Shouldn't I have got to torture her in that very way?

7. I was convinced until grade 6 that the family on Home Improvement was a real family. That Tim and Jill were married in real life and that Mark, Brad and Randy were their flesh and blood. Obviously Randy's real name was JTT, but that's what acting is - you and you're family get fake names and play dress up every day and then go home and have family time. I was also crushed when my parents finally explained to me how tv really works, how could Tim and Jill's love not be real!?


I begin by tagging anyone who feels the need to get something embarrassing from their past off their chest, and please make sure you let me know if you have done so somewhere other than my comments. I am going to call out Elle, because I think she would just be the cutest kid, Kimmie, because she reminds me of one of my school friends, and Hello, Monkeyface - I know you can't show your true identity but perhaps you could make a baby monkey for little you??

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Those are hilarious. I was really upset when I found out that the Tanners on Full house weren't a real family and that Michelle was TWO PEOPLE.

    Thanks for tagging me! I have my 7 childhood things saved... but just waiting on getting some embarrassing photos scanned before I post. I mean, who wants to read about my past without seeing some awesome 80s hair?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you did this!

    Your #1 about crying because the kids were being mean to each other was so cute I almost couldn't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, are you giving me homework for the weekend? Not that drawing baby monkeyfaces doesn't sound like the best kind of homework ever..

    lol @ Home Improvement. You're adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I can't believe you puked! Poor child. Also, I always watched Home Improvement after soon. Its tool time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a fun post! No. 5 was really cute!! I don't know why but I don't really remember much from when I was 5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun post! No. 5 was really cute!! I don't know why but I don't really remember much from when I was 5.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)