Tuesday, January 18

Ma Face

I have been wanting to do a post about my skin care line for quite sometime, and since I wore a real repeat today, I finally found my chance.

I first discovered the Eminence skin care line while using a Spirit Spa Gift Certificate for the Blueberry Body Bliss, which includes a mini facial. Leading up to this point I had been using a high-end drug store brand and already, at the tender age of 25, had felt the skin around my eyes thinning while the rest of my skin was just, plain dull. I was sent home from the Spa with samples of the Blueberry Soy Exfoliating Cleanser, Sweet Red Rose Tonique (Toner), Black Perlette Grape Moisturizer and Cucumber Eye gel. In the time that took me to finish the samples - about 9 days - I noticed a difference around my eyes and across my face. I was hooked. Luckily for me there was a promotion on - buy 2, get 1. I grabbed up the facewash, eye cream and moisturizer, finally purchasing the toner a few months later.

The downside: It is an expensive life commitment. At roughly 42% more than I had previously been paying, I cherish every drop and fear the day my stock runs dry. On the flip side: My initial supply lasted just under a year (note: I was very conscious of how much I was using on a daily basis) and I ran out in the weeks leading up to Christmas - thank you, Santa Claus! Add to that, great results, happy skin and a failed attempt at a return to my previous brand, and you've got one happy and loyal customer!



I feel I should note that I am not being paid to write this, I am just someone who is super passionate about great products and good service. This passion results in the occasional unnecessarily long, and overly gushy, product spotlight. If someone does every offer to pay me to write about their product, I will let you know the post has been sponsored. However, I don't foresee happening since I'm not even sure I understand how to monetize a blog.

7 comments:

  1. I recently bought some expensive facial products as well, and I have to agree they do turn out to be a life commitment. But at least it's for the benefit of healthy skin! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't found "the one" for skin care products as the times I've gone to spas and gotten the "expensive" products, my skin has reacted very badly (rashes mainly requiring prescription). Glad you found one that works for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spirit spa, I still get their e-mails and it brings back all these fond memories of Halifax. I once had a facial there and used the apricot whip moisturizer... AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of the things that makes Eminence so great is how natural all their ingredients really are. I got a chocolate mousse masque sample and it literally smelt like chocolate, 100%.

    Also, my mom has really sensitive skin and wasn't able to find an eye cream that wouldn't result in her skin burning until Eminence.

    I think the main thing to remember when looking for an expensive, quality skin care line is that you're making an investment. Don't be afraid to get a facial to test it out, or ask for samples to get a better idea of how the products will act longer term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks designed for sharing such a fastidious idea, post is
    nice, thats why i have read it entirely

    My web blog :: Order Equinox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decor on the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful.
    I believe my exact words were "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. Her father, Bruce Paltrow, produced the critically acclaimed TV series that is considered the precursor to many medical shows today, St.

    Feel free to visit my web site - pub quiz and answers general knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  7. The decor on the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful.
    Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family
    or for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. The food is decent and the drink specials on Tuesdays include $2.

    my page; brainstormer pub quiz answers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)