Saturday, January 1

Good things...

I have been a very lazy blogger this holiday season, choosing lounging and movies over writing and editing. In my defence, I have stayed on top taking outfit photos... that is whenever I put the effort into wearing something other than my beloved American Apparel sweats, which is about 50% of the time. This was my outfit of choice on Tuesday, the endless day of movies; four in one day!? ...must be a record.

tuttle dress, MAK cardigan, hue tights, hunter boots and new pearls


As you are well aware; this is one of my favourite dresses. Nothing makes me happier than to find a new way to wear it, even if that way is only slightly different than the outfits I've already established. The boots were my big present from my wonderful boyfriend, Jack. I wanted grey and he made it happen. I know I'm a few years behind on this trend but that's just how I roll. I wasn't interested in them until this past fall when we had about two weeks of straight rain and my tretorns just didn't offer the same level of style a higher boot would. It was then I began planting the seeds in his brain. My obvious choice was grey, as it is my favourite colour. Some may deem it slightly boring, perhaps I should have gone with a dark purple (my second choice) or a navy (my third) but I cannot be swayed, grey and taupe are my besties.

I was a very spoiled girl this Christmas. Jack also screen printed me some amazing coasters, (aren't pictured here) and gave me my first string of real pearls. I don't know about you but I think that pearls are just the bees knees and real ones are even better. To add to the excitement, my Christmas gift from my brother was a combination of fresh water and salt water pearl bracelets. Needless to say I am over the moon and wearing tons of pearls basically every day.

Side note - the cardigan is a boxing day buy; only $20! How could I resist purple!?

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors in this outfit! The grey wellies are SO CUTE. and those pearls! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I learned a new word > tretorns...

    yep - I know what you mean, I was wearing my tretorns during the last couple of weeks of seemingly non-stop rain in Los Angeles, and thinking about getting a taller pair of boots. ...but, but this is Southern California - it's not supposed to rain this much. Your grey boots look great!

    Happy New Year and Peace on Earth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I think you look great and you had the right idea putting your Wellingtons on, so stylish.
    Cheers,
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this outfit! The grey wellies are SO CUTE. and those pearls! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)