Tuesday, January 25

Everybody, Everywear: The Breton Stripe

Last night I went to go see Country Strong. No, you are not experiencing deja vu; I saw it for a second time with my friend, Lorrie. After the first time I saw it I could not decide whether it was a good movie, or whether it was a meh movie that I had fallen in love with, for some reason. Well, after seeing it for the second time I can say, without a doubt, that it is great! Sure, I'm a little (orrr, a lot) embarrassed that I love this movie as much as I do, but I cannot lie to myself any longer. I am here to tell you that I have been inspired and I am going to become a country music star, just like Leighton Meester ...as soon as I learn how to sing, get an agent and find a pouffy dress.

H&M sweater, SmartSet camisole, Club Monaco slacks, American Apparel belt, Jones of New York shoes


I must say I am extremely excited to be a part of Everybody, Everywear. I do not know why I find it so exciting to be a part of a group of people wearing a similar piece of clothing all at once, but I am. It's like a fashion flash mob! I have two breton stripe shirts; one casual, one dressy-ish - both quite thin and better suited for spring or summer. This is the first time I've styled one for the office, other than a casual day, and I feel as though I could have done so much more with it. Although I think it works overall, I think the belt feels a little awkward, like I'm trying to make it something it's not. On the plus side I have tons of inspiration now after seeing the amazing job everyone has done with theirs! There are so many office appropriate breton stripes and I am really excited to try a few new ideas. Although I'm wondering if perhaps I should buy another breton striped shirt, one that's better at being tucked in... you can never have too many of the same shirt, right?


P.S. I would like to introduce you to an old friend; these shoes. They're a little shy because I've meddled and they've got it in their head that they scare people because they're pointy and snake-skinned. Since they did such a great job today, I will try to be nicer to them from now on.








18 comments:

  1. YAY, I love the way you worked your stripes AND the light! So aesthetically pleasing. All of it.

    I'm excited to be a part of the EBEW, too :) Conformity is really comforting sometimes, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit and your style, it's so chic.
    You are right, you should be nice to those shoes, they are gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a fashion flash mob. Great description! I love that skinny belt that you used.
    Thanks for joining us today.

    The Auspicious Life

    ps I've wanted to see Country Strong. Thanks for giving a good recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love this combination, you look amazing. especially the heels, and i'm loving the slightly oversized sweater. great look.

    yoga & pencil skirts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashion Flash Mob! Why didn't I think of that. Kudos to you for the most creative description of EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy everyone liked "fashion flash mob"! not going to lie, when it came to me I felt pretttty smart.

    Monkeyface - I love what you said about conformity, you put my random feelings into words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how sophisticated you look, lady! Great job styling your Breton stripes. Also, I secretly wish I was a country music star too... only more like Gwyneth than Leighton. Did you see Gwen in Glee?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did see Gwen in Glee. I have always enjoyed her but never been crazy for her and then I saw that Glee episode. She was amazing and I think it was the best episode this season! She was also so great in Country Strong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are so great! I'm loving the black and brown combination!

    -Charlotte
    allesmode2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog via EBEW and so glad I did. Love this sophisticated, sleek stripes look! You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the top:)x

    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ check it out if you like follow me i will follow you back:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore the outfit, sorren! you look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look classy and sassy at the same time. even though those two words rhyme in a way that's uncomfortably bordering on cheesy. the skinny brown belt with your straight-leg trousers is perfect. ooh, i just love the entire ensemble. nice job.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you all so much! This makes me feel much better about how I threw the breton stripes into my office wear. I can't wait until the next edition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look classy and sassy at the same time. even though those two words rhyme in a way that's uncomfortably bordering on cheesy. the skinny brown belt with your straight-leg trousers is perfect. ooh, i just love the entire ensemble. nice job.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i adore the outfit, sorren! you look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy everyone liked "fashion flash mob"! not going to lie, when it came to me I felt pretttty smart.

    Monkeyface - I love what you said about conformity, you put my random feelings into words

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how sophisticated you look, lady! Great job styling your Breton stripes. Also, I secretly wish I was a country music star too... only more like Gwyneth than Leighton. Did you see Gwen in Glee?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)