Monday, January 17

Brave New World

This weekend I tried a few new things:
  • I stayed awake past 11:30pm Friday night, plans complete with dinner and a party
  • I attended a health expo Saturday morning
  • I watched the Golden Globes Sunday night (in honour of my friend, Kelly who hearts them and also because Ricky Gervais is merciless)
  • I wore a high bun ...out in public 
While I was happy with all my accomplishments this weekend (sleeping-in Sunday, included), the high bun took top prize. Recently, I have begun working on my curling techniques in an effort to shed my ignorance of hair styling and to be brave overall. These curling techniques are quickly threatening to become a new comfort zone (although I have yet to reach that level) making this high bun experiment a successful move in the right direction. I am going to give myself bonus points because I wore this outfit to a 4pm showing of the Green Hornet (very fun) which means that both the afternoon and evening crowd got a glimpse.

Vince cardigan, LNA tee, Rich&Skinny jeans, Hunter boots, pearl&lace necklace from Sock it to Ya

Just as we began our photo shoot a flurry of snow started cutting our outdoor-bravery, short. In another outfit, I may have toughed it out but this cardigan, as wonderful as it may be, is very thin and not great for winter. It is however soft, comfortable, stylin' and perfect for a laissez-faire Saturday, so I wore in anyway. That's right, I break all kinds of rules. I also enjoy eating dessert before dinner (which drives Jack crazy), reading a few pages from the middle of a book before I start and parking between two cars that each have a meter (I have a tiny car and have yet to be ticketed for this).

    9 comments:

    1. You look really cute with a high bun! x

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the high bun! It really shows off your gorgeous features. Now, some photos with curls please. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Your hair is so shiny and sleek! I have the jealousy. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks guys! I'm definitely thinking this means I should throw this one into rotation! The true mark of comfort will be when I am brave enough to wear it to work...

      ReplyDelete
    5. I don't think you could screw your hair up, in fact I'm pretty sure you've got angel hair. JEALOUS.

      Also - your comfy weekend outfit is happy :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I think your bun looks great! That outfit is very simple yet stylissssshhh!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'm SO scared of the high bun. I don't think i'd ever be able to do it. :(

      But it looks great on you! and I love your outfit!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I don't think you could screw your hair up, in fact I'm pretty sure you've got angel hair. JEALOUS.

      Also - your comfy weekend outfit is happy :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. You look really cute with a high bun! x

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)