Tuesday, January 4

Back to the Grind

Not going to lie, I was in no mood to have my picture taken today. I barely slept a wink last night; my body's protest of, and attempt to sabotage, my return to work after 6 days off ( I don't count weekends). I was so not finished with my vacation! I barely got any of my projects started annnnnnd my sweats still look clean, they clearly need more wearin! Given my rough morning, my first mistake was wearing a new dress, how could I not document it and show it off? You will notice though that I did not go so far as to sport my black pumps, which I'm sure would have made this ensemble all the more sleek.

D.E.P.T. dress, Hue tights, Franco Sarto flats, Ski Teal We Drop OPI

The best thing about dresses, and why I own so many, is you throw it on and bamn! outfit! There's no need to run around matching shirt to skirt, skirt to cardigan, blouse to slacks. All that must be done is choose some tights, decide if  it's a lazy day or a heel day and maybe grab a cardigan or blazer. A-mazing! This is why I heart my dress collection and continuously add dresses that are versatile and can be worn in life and at work. I admit, some push the limits and are sometimes more fun and girly than grown up and professional but they are not inappropriate and I get to enjoy what I wear.

This particular dress was bought a la Sweet Pea at the behest of my sister. The store had an amazing boxing day sale (50% off!) and my sister had an armload of dresses to buy so she needed me to buy it to make her feel better... how could I say no? I'm glad you agree. The only downside is I obviously chose the most expensive dress in the store so even at half price it was equal to two of her dress... jealous.

I'm enjoying the dress. It's comfortable, long, plaid. I'm just wondering if it's too much plaid, too much of a good thing and I can't figure out how to break it up. I attempted a belt but the waist detailing is quite high and the belt continuously falls down. Perhaps this is just a dress that can be worn as is and I shouldn't worry too much about anything other than pairing it with fun tights. Looks like I may have to mix this one so I can get to know it a little better.

4 comments:

  1. I love this dress! Normally I don't like plaid for the office, but this is so sophisticated and chic. And I have an equally strong love for dresses. They make you look like you put in a lot of effort when actually, they are so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on the convenience of dresses. The ruffle detail on this one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy I am not alone in my love for dresses and the ease they offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dresses too! I totally need to add a plaid one to my wardrobe STAT. I love the sleeves and the ruffles on yours!

    I hate it when the only item I want to buy is the one that's not on sale... Like, the whole entire store will be on super sale, except for the one dress I want. It ALWAYS happens to me! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)