Tuesday, December 21

I have arrived

I did it. I finally bought tall socks. I've been reading blog after blog and seeing them used in so many wonderful ways and although I'm a little late, I have arrived. It feels pretty exciting. I now own a charcoal pair and a white pair. Unfortunately they are not over-the-knee as I could not find any (that's what I get for living in Nova Scotia and being no where near a target) but on the plus side I haven't updated my boots so they are tall enough to be seen!

press cardigan dress, le chateau scarf, american apparel slip, american apparel leggings, hue socks,
steve madden boots

I think this outfit worked out well. I enjoy this cardigan dress with its soft fabric and high comfort level but am often wary to put it on. This material is only good for so long before it becomes stretched this way and that, ending up loose and out of sorts. I still need to figure out how to wear a belt with it properly so if you have had an epiphany, please let me know. I also tend to wear it the same way every time, so any ideas on switching it up would also be greatly appreciated!

11 comments:

  1. oh shoot! i totally missed the part where you live in canada. i feel bad for directing you to a target now! regardless, i love the socks! you look super cute. also, i love that cardigan dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! (and I enjoy your style in general - like the way you style the kinds of clothes that I actually wear.)

    Since you asked for "ideas on switching it up", maybe wear a scarf with a dash of bright color?
    Maybe a dark orange?

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower here. Love your style u look very chic. tall socks are awesome i'm a big fan i love thigh highs over tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great outfit! You may have inspired me to try some tall socks today as well...we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I love the idea of a burnt orange scarf! I have been pondering which colour to buy next and now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. deep purple would work too, it really pops against gray. Also i've started wearing my cardigan dress (black) with wide leg yoga pants (also black) it looks like a very chic 70s lounge hostess outfit...i keep it all black with some estate jewelry to make a statement, i thought it was lounge wear till my roomate asked me why i dressed up. Also cardigan dresses look great with super short dresses and skirts...skinny jeans...they're really versatile, a staple in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this is such a cute laid-back outgit! And don't knee socks make everything cuter? :P

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  8. You pulled it off very nicely! Whenever I can't find tights or socks, I go to welovecolors.com. Cute blog btw! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower here. Love your style u look very chic. tall socks are awesome i'm a big fan i love thigh highs over tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit! (and I enjoy your style in general - like the way you style the kinds of clothes that I actually wear.)

    Since you asked for "ideas on switching it up", maybe wear a scarf with a dash of bright color?
    Maybe a dark orange?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh this is such a cute laid-back outgit! And don't knee socks make everything cuter? :P

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)