Tuesday, December 28

Day Old Muffins

This outfit is a little old (pre-christmas), a little cheap (because I'm only using it now), but still decent if you warm it in the oven (i've got no parallel for that - any ideas?).

Red Berry shirt, Rich&Skinny jeans, Franco Sarto flats

I found this shirt at Sweet Pea during one of her many amazing, pre-Christmas sales. I was drawn to it because of its gray-ness, the knit texture, sleeve ruffles and the zipper on the back - unfortunately not seen here due to my forgetfulness during the photo session. On the up-side it means I will get to unveil the zipper next time! The ruffles add necessary detailing that bring the shirt to the next level while creating a gentle, gaga-esq shoulder line. 


The Franco Sarto flats are also a fantastic addition to my wardrobe bought on sale, at John David shoes, with my Christmas bonus. It was quite exciting, I have been stalking these flats since September. I saw them and just knew that they would fit right in with my closet, becoming fast friends with my Franco Sarto pumps and my Nine West peep toes. I just could not justify the $140 price tag at the time - one day I'll be able to,  just not yet. Needless to say I was uber excited to find that John David shoes had an awesome sale and my bonus just covered their purchase. I have noticed that they scuff up floors easily (trail from the water cooler straight to my cubicle) and squeak when I walk (no sneaking up for me) which makes not paying the full price for them even better. I think our relationship will only continue to get better with time.


Finally, please notice the print in the top right image. It is my english bulldog, Rataxes. Jack and I have wanted an english bulldog since before the general public realized they're adorable and they became trendy, however now that they are trendy they are also insanely priced and as a side note - our apartment does not allow pets. In lieu of a real Rataxes Jack designed us this guy which is also wonderful because our great big brick walls needed some art. I just wanted everyone to see this thing that I love, thank you all.

5 comments:

  1. I like how your necklace makes you match the christmas tree
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE a strong-shouldered top. and those shoes are fabulous! i love that you scored them for so cheap.

    and i feel your pain...i dearly want a dog, too (after i move, when i no longer have my parents' dog to play with) but no one i'm going to be living with is up for it. frown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, the detailing on the sleeves is just fantastic and I'm excited for the eventual zipper unveil. :)

    What a darling bulldog Rataxes is! Obviously the best possible substitute for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that shirt. Ruffle sleeves are my favorite! :) and zipper backs! And the color (I love grey too, lol) and the length. all so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, the detailing on the sleeves is just fantastic and I'm excited for the eventual zipper unveil. :)

    What a darling bulldog Rataxes is! Obviously the best possible substitute for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)