Tuesday, November 30

Tuesday the Tenacious

Like the horrendous fad that would not quit, Tuesday would just not end. It’s possible I should accept responsibility for checking the clock one too many times each hour, or eating my lunch too early causing the afternoon to seemingly stretch on forever… but that responsibility is not mine for I know that Tuesday was out to get me! I spent all day looking forward to five o’clock when I could go home, have a delicious dinner, dream up new ways to decorate my apartment for Christmas and begin the re-creation of my portfolio site. To be fair, I had a pretty great day; the sun was out, we had a high of 5, I was working on projects I enjoy – it just went on too long. Luckily though, that is all in the past and I am home, doing what I hoped while waiting for Glee and catching up on Gossip Girl and Boardwalk Empire. 
Kersh shirt, mac&jac cardigan, Club Monaco skirt, Club Monaco belt, Hue tights, Steve Madden boots
The first time I pieced together this oufit I used my skinny patent belt but as I reached for the skinny belt this morning I realized I just wasn’t feeling it. The skinny belt offers a more delicate touch which complements the boots but never fear; I will dig it out another time. I love pairing this shirt with a belt as it is actually a bit of a bag if left to hang of its own will. The belt puffs it up and gives it shape transforming the shirt from casual to dressy and even creating ruffles in the bottom on the back. I remember Perez Hilton commenting on Victoria Beckham wearing a belt over her cardigan and commenting on how he didn’t like it and thought it looked wrong. I remember thinking had no clue what he was talking about when it came to fashion, partly because I fully believe that and partly because I had recently begun to belt my cardigans and was excited to see Victoria Beckham do the same. Well, 3 years later and this style has been used a number of different ways to create a variety of looks and feels. My favourite part about it is it allows me to add warmth and coverage to a dress or shirt that may not otherwise transition from fall to winter, or even weekend to work, and does so in a way that allows the cardigan to look like a piece of the puzzle rather than thrown on for practical reasons.
I bought this shirt from Biscuit after suggesting it to a friend and then realizing I was also in love with it – don’t worry, they had enough sizes to go around. I love the subtle grey-mauve colouring and how the tie and collar scare me but then work beautifully to add just enough detailing to save it all from being unexciting. I also included photos of me with boots versus my pumps – which do you prefer? We all know why I traded in for the boots today but I’d be interested to hear whether you think the trade is worth it, or whether I should just suck it up, stick with the heels and commit to the outfit.

3 comments:

  1. Heels give you a longer line, the boots though cute, comfortable and practical, cut you off...with so much going on the top i would suggest the heels to complete the outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very right, I will avoid the laziness in order of offer this outfit the respect it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heels give you a longer line, the boots though cute, comfortable and practical, cut you off...with so much going on the top i would suggest the heels to complete the outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)