Saturday, November 27

Not-so Casual Friday

As a rule I like to take full advantage of dressing for comfort and as someone who works 9 to 5 Fridays are the best days for it. For some reason this Friday I was compelled to not take advantage of the free pass for a healthy dose of lazy comfort. What took this from casual and breezy to sharp and chic are the ankle booties and the boyfriend blazer. Originally I had planned on wearing my black flat boots and a cardigan but chose instead to take advantage of my mood for something more polished. The additional benefit to my sudden change of heart was being able to go straight from work to dinner with my parents in celebration of my mom's birthday! …I suppose in the end I got to be a little lazy after all.


Steve Madden booties, Rich&Skinny jeans, lovelygirl collection shirt, Club Monaco blazer


This outfit is all about the shirt. I bought it at the end of this past summer from Sweet Pea and was a little wary as to whether it would actually get worn - did I happen to mention I used to shy away from prints? During the summer I loved pairing it with my boyfriend jeans, and on colder days, my leather coat. The femininity of the pattern and the delicate detailing of the sleeves and shoulders are a nice contrast against the relaxed style of the boyfriend jeans. I included a photo myself frustrated with the photo shoot to highlight the great rushing along the sleeve. This ensemble allows the shirt to transition from summer to fall and winter. The pearls were once attached at both ends until my fidgeting broke the strand, being in need of a long string of pearls at the time I simply tied a knot and continued on. I hope it looks as though its meant to be that way so please be kind and let me know if it actually does look like broken pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)