Monday, November 29

A design update

During the past week I often mentioned the portfolio site for my Dreamweaver and html class. If you have been following its progress you likely know that I did complete and hand in the assignment and therefore have a fully functioning site. However, I have decided to take what I learnt during the process and only release it once Phase2 is complete; I realized that Phase2 adds a lot to its functionality and design. I did want to quickly show you my new classic noise logo, which is the title of my site and the domain name too barring someone else snatching it before I remember to. I decided to go with classic noise as the title to maintain continuity and create cohesion between my site and my blog. Sometimes I worry that maybe I should separate the two since one is very business focused and the other is more informal and driven by my personal life. Ultimately I chose to link the two because I felt, or hoped, that anyone viewing my portfolio site may enjoy a peek at my personality. Any thoughts?
Logo and Top Menu

Don't worry, you don’t have it wrong; this is the finished menu bar. I adore minimalism, simplicity and colours (or non-colours) such as white, grey, darker grey, charcoal, and black. Don’t get me wrong, I love colour and I especially love bold, vibrant accents of colour. I could go on someone else’s site day-in day-out and love the colours they have chosen however as soon as I need to put thought and effort behind my own colour choices, no colour chosen ever seems great enough and I tend to quickly tire of colours I do choose. This is why I will go with a stark white page, accented with various shades of grey with the splash of colour being offered by my portfolio pieces.
Once my website is complete, I will make sure to post the link.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you. Sometimes I wonder if I need to shake it up and get more adventurous with color, but I always come back to realizing that I'm a neutral gal. I've been reading through some of your older posts tonight, really enjoying your blog :) I'm looking forward to doing my first 30 for 30 next month, and I'll be watching to see what you're coming up with, too.

    ~Jacci in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you. Sometimes I wonder if I need to shake it up and get more adventurous with color, but I always come back to realizing that I'm a neutral gal. I've been reading through some of your older posts tonight, really enjoying your blog :) I'm looking forward to doing my first 30 for 30 next month, and I'll be watching to see what you're coming up with, too.

    ~Jacci in Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)